Monday, November 12, 2007

Sunset and lowly


It was sunset and lowly
sitting on a concrete log in my playground
Hoping and remembering
A past and the future
So unsure and hard to grasp
like my hair, then, to my hand and wind
Of the ways it is going to be
The unchanging setting and rising
and variations of everyday sky

It's so warm out there and lonely
depending on what ground I look to
Wishing and waiting
a choice and the pasture
How sure is my smile, or gasp
like my neighbor, by nature
The hearts that is to meet

Sometimes in these sentimental moments
I can't help but dwell in feelings
A concrete log, two lone swings
three old trees and a pile of leaves
When you're too old
to play with your hair or cry through the seams
Is this all that is to be?

It is sunset and lowly
sitting on a concrete log in a playground
My legs are long enough to touch the ground
But are the eyes wide enough to see?
Soft enough to care?
The heart and ears
brave enough to listen and stay?

Is it still okay
to cry in my weaknesses?



So night came falling
all upon me
Left without choice
cringe in steelness
Lost my sight in people
Reeling in darkness

Sometimes in these situations
I can't help but wander in my own being
Just like before
A concrete log, two lone swings
three old trees and a pile of leaves
When you give up
and nothing you perceive
is life as you want it to be
But is this all that it seems?


It was sunset and lowly
My knees hit the ground
Pain struck my heart
But love spills over
When I embraced the only

No comments: