Monday, November 12, 2007

Beautiful 13

I woke up abruptly
like being awakened by bad dreams
turned on the radio
and Bethany walked by singing
while I stared at monster screen

"I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me"

killing me? it's strangling like insecurity!
I know it's young and probably stupidity
But can't help it, can I?

"Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life"

Who is that girl in front of me
who doesn't look exactly like I think it should be
I squinted
stroking that hair from Mars
and mouthed along the words

"I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heat,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful"

yeah, just like that. all i want, for now, yea.
To shake hands with that girl in the screen
To embrace my inner beauty
if there's any

"Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory"

jumping back to bed
bouncing like crazy

"You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful"

Yeah
Beautiful, probably
Smiling to the silhouette
of a butterfly I'm going to be
Maybe my future's worth looking forward to

okay
I'm ready for 1st day of 7th grade
I'm really ready


1 comment:

Victor said...

13 yr-old girl in her bedroom getting ready for 1st day of high school.

some stanzas are lyrics of a song playing from the radio, in her bedroom.