Thursday, April 5, 2007

Flying ashes, sky

Remembering the days, gone
The days that took a lifetime to forget
a tear to remember

When my feet slipped
on a summer's mud
You came running, fell
and turned tears to laughter
while rolling together

Where I ran to the porch
at the sound of the ol' scooter
A ride for the beautiful Princess, you said
and made neighbourhood streets glee
against the jealousy of wind

My mind still sticks to the old clock
Soul still holding, edge of your sleeve
How could I live on
If I see ashes flying to the sky

My eyes in your world
Full of wonder and fun
and pain is just for a lesson
Yet never a moment
I tell you how much
how much..
Your love forms my heart

Streaking across the surface
Stained past the face
Red, covering black
slowly, dreadfully.
You went to the place
where tears are in vain
Mom must be happy
to see you again

The house felt empty without you
me too
How could I live on
Watching flying ashes,
to the sky

Fingers walking round and round the table
Mind wandering round and round the walls
I stroll among places
that I never go before

I could almost reach you
But you never want me to,
and hid a letter under the pillow
before ashes fly to the sky

You promised
a bigger hand will hold me
a bigger heart will love me
to spare hope
to wipe away fears
to live, to feel, to smile
To see
sky in flying ashes



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Very good Victor"

by Mugsy (irpoet45@yahoo.com)

Victor said...

A monologue that happened when the girl visits her father's grave. A poem to comfort those who lost their father.

I wrote this not long after Uncle Philip (vanessa's dad) passed away.

Didn't pass her this poem though.