Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Daddy Why


Daddy,
why is it dark at night?
why stars shine at night?
why I can't see anything when it's dark?

Dad,
is it normal to have a father?
why Jane cried when I asked
where's her dad?

See, you're holding my hand again
are you afraid to cross the road?
why don't cars stop & give us a ride?


Daddy,
can we have ice-cream today?
why can't I have ice-cream everyday?
why will I get sick?

Why do you need to work everyday?
can you work at the playground?
then I can see you happy

Look daddy,
Diamond necklace
Jane gave it to me
Do i look like mommy?

Is mommy coming today?

1 comment:

Victor said...

intelligent girl that keeps asking her dad questions when he picks her up from pre-school.

sadly, mom wasn't around..

hints of the difficulties of single parenthood.